Oh how I love prom season! I love getting to know young girls and feeling like I’m in school again. Not to mention, these young ladies will let me do whatever look I think will look best for their features and their dress. I can’t believe it’s been 14 years since my last prom! My goodness, I feel old! I went to 3 of them and had a blast at all three. Each year I made sure to have a completely different look than the year prior. This week and next, I’ll be sharing a couple of inspiration looks that I’m loving this prom season! This first look is my absolute favorite! You can find this AMAZING sort-of “retro” dress here.
1. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette $54: I think most girls are less likely to get this palette out of all of the Naked palettes due to the pink tones. But I’m here to tell you, this is by far the best out of all of them for EVERY skin tone and eye color! Brown/hazel eyes can pretty much do any color shadow and liner, and blue and green eyes look best with warmer tones. I would add pink shades to the warm category (again, this is just my opinion and preference!) so therefore this palette is perfection. It even has a few cooler shades that would look beautiful on brown eyes. To anyone reading this….. You NEED this palette!
2. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer $44: I would give anything to have my teenage skin back! Well, my high school teenage skin! No fine lines at all! This tinted moisturizer is all you need for prom as far as foundation goes. It gives the skin a beautiful, natural glow. And if you were like me in my middle school days and have blemishes and acne, all you have to do is mix this with your full coverage foundation and you still get that glow!
3. Make Up For Ever PlexiGloss in Nude Pink $19: If you’re going to do a dramatic eye, you need to keep the lip color muted. That’s why I chose this nude gloss for this look. It will look great on any skin tone and with any eye look. And most young girls prefer gloss over lipstick. =)
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer $30: This bronzer is so versatile. You can contour your cheekbones and nose with it or you can use it as a blush. The color is great for everyone because it has the perfect balance of red and yellow undertones. It’s also waterproof so you’ll be ready to sweat and dance the night away!!
I’ll be back next week with a new look! Have a great PROM weekend!!
I don’t normally get to spend actual Valentine’s Day with my husband because he’s already down in Daytona getting ready for the Daytona 500. But this year is different because we’re impatiently waiting for our daughter to arrive! The only thing I can do for myself these days is wash and style my hair and put my makeup on to make myself feel halfway decent. And even that’s a bit of a chore! But this Valentine’s Day, I plan to get the top half of my body ready for a low key date with the hubs!
Today I’m sharing with you my favorite Valentine’s Day beauty products that will work for everyone!! Even if you’re single and having a fun night out with your girlfriends, you’ll love these products to make you feel super girly!
1.Eyes: Always start with the eyes! This way, you can easily wipe away any shadow fall out with a makeup remover or you could even use your favorite face primer (This one is my favorite) to remove the fallout. That way you’re killing two birds with one stone!
2. Complexion: After finishing my eyes and cleaning up the shadow fallout and setting my skin with my face primer I start on my foundation.
* Foundation – I’m a sucker for a medium to full coverage foundation. And during the colder months I love Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It’s so creamy and moisturizing. Not to mention it stays put all day long!
* Setting Powder – Since it’s winter and I’m using a little heavier foundation I like to set my powder with a translucent powder. My all-time favorite is Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. It settles into the skin as opposed to sitting on top of it like most loose powders.
3. Cheeks: Next step is cheeks!
* Contouring – I just bought this Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit and am loving it so far! The two contouring colors are perfect for every skin color. I use Medium Cocoa to contour my cheeks and nose and use Dark Cocoa to bronze the top of my forehead and under my chin and neck. The Pop of Light highlighting powder is amazing because it’s so subtle but when the light hits it, it brings out your cheekbones like none other!
* Contouring Brush – If you want the best contour, INVEST in the Nars Ita Brush! Trust me, you won’t regret it!!
* Blush – My go-to pink blush has always been Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface. It’s predominantly matte but has a bit of a satin finish to it once applied. This blush will last you forever because a little bit goes a long way.
4. Lips: Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a gorgeous bright pink lipstick!!
* Lip Liner – I’ll fill in my entire upper and bottom lips with MAC Lipliner in Candy Yum Yum. Filling them in completely will help keep your lipstick looking fresh for a hours!
* Lipstick – My BFF Lauren turned me onto this lipstick! And I LOVE using it on brides! It’s what matches the liner, MAC Candy Yum Yum. I love wearing it when I use more pinks and plums on my eyes. It ties it all together!
5. Set: After spending so much time getting ready, it’s so important to set your makeup. The absolute best product to use is Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Trust me, your makeup will NOT MOVE!!!
I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day! And I hope I’ve helped give you so ideas of changing up your go-to beauty look!
I’d say it’s safe to say that baby, it’s cold outside! During the colder months, it’s smart to switch up your skincare routine as your skin tends to dry out. Here are my top 5 products for the cold weather!
1. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser $20 – I’ve been using this cleanser for a couple of months now and I love it! It’s a gentle cream cleanser that removes all surface oils, makeup, and dirt. I love the creamy consistency for these colder months because it doesn’t leave my face feeling parched after I cleanse. This is a good year-round cleanser but I included it in this list because it’s especially great for the winter!
2. Aveda Green Science Firming Eye Creme $47 – I’ve been obsessed with this product since my days in esthetics school at the Aveda Institute in St. Petersburg, FL. In my opinion, it’s probably the best eye creme on the market. This eye creme is infused with organic argan oil, ladies thistle, and cactus formula to help smooth fine lines. It also has caffeine which is the best ingredient for correcting dark circles!
3. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask $25 – This moisturizer was my savior last year when I started on Epiduo for my adult acne and my skin was incredibly dry and flaky from the medication and cold weather. This intense moisture replacement mask with Avocado and Apricot Kernel Oil deeply and instantly quenches compromised moisture reserves and builds a reservoir for tomorrow. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin’s barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature aging. Not to mention, the price point is nice!
4. Aveda Hand Relief $24 – Hands down (pun intended!) the best moisturizer for your hands! The past couple of weeks I’ve slowly broken out in patches of eczema. I can’t tell if it’s pregnancy hormones or the cold weather. Or it could be a combination of the two! But Hand Relief has been the only thing that has calmed the delicate skin on the back of my hands all the way up my arms. The fact that it smells heavenly makes it that much more luxurious! Yes y’all, I use the words heavenly and luxurious in my everyday vocabulary!
5. Laura Mercier illuminating Broad Spectrum Tinted Moisturizer $43 – I love to wear this tinted moisturizer when my skin is dry because it gives it a luminous glow so it covers those flaky, dry patches. It’s also beautiful to wear without a setting powder. Just make sure you apply a primer on beforehand so it stays put. The best thing about wearing a tinted moisturizer in the winter is that it serves many purposes. Coverage, moisture, and luminosity!
I’ve been eyeing these new gorgeous, and majorly different shadow palettes by Hourglass. They are called the Modernist Eyeshadow Palettes.The layout of the shadows in the palette are like none other. They aren’t separated in their own pans, they flow from one color to the next! From what I’ve seen (I admit, I haven’t been able to get my hands on one yet), the colors are neutral but vibrant. Rich and creamy. And most importantly, blend-able!
Here is a quote from the Hourglass CEO, Carisa Janes: “Eye shadow palettes, with their flat surfaces and defined borders, can be so confining. I wanted to curate a collection of eye shadows with a versatile, continuous spectrum. Much like an artist’s palette, Modernist is designed to inspire an endless number of looks with its sculptural depth and definition.”
So do I think it’s worth the almost $60 splurge?! Absolutely! I’ll be purchasing mine when they are available January 18th! Here are all of the different palettes that will be available!
Obscura (Earth Tones)
Monochrome (Rose Tones)
Infinity (Warm Neutrals)Graphite (Smokey)
Color Field (Olives)
Atmosphere (Cool Neutrals)
I still haven’t decided which palettes I’ll be purchasing because they’re all so beautiful but the one you’ll probably see first on me will be the Monochrome palette. I love my pinks!!! Let me know what you all think!!
I’ve been scouring the internet trying to decipher what I need to pack in Vivian’s diaper bag for our hospital stay. After hours of research and lots of packing, unpacking, and repacking I finally have everything I think we’ll need for the hospital and bringing her home. Have I overpacked? More than likely! But I’ve been an over-packer my entire life. My motto is, “it’s better to be safe than sorry”! Since I’ve stuffed the bag to the brim I’ve broken up everything into sections so you can see everything!
My dear husband bought me the most amazing diaper bag for Christmas. He got me the gray Olivia bag by Storksak. The bag isn’t too big but has limitless compartments and depth to hold anything and everything you need for your little one! I wanted this particular bag because it’s made out of nylon. Easy to clean and durable! It comes with a changing pad, insulated bottle holder, “makeup case”, and built-in stroller hooks.
3. Pampers Swaddlers (Price varies) – Most of the diapers I have stocked up on so far are Pampers and Honest Company. I decided to pack about 6 of these diapers because I know most hospitals use Pampers as well. I know more than likely I won’t be using any of my own diapers while at the hospital but it’s like I said, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
4. Soft Bristle Brush & Comb $4.99 – If my daughter is anything like her mama, she won’t have much use for these the first couple of months. I was born completely bald!! Let’s just hope she has hair like her daddy!
5. Triple Paste $8.88 – With so many brands out there, it’s hard to know which ones are the best! Especially for covering their delicate baby parts! Thank God for my best friend Lauren for showing me what has worked well for her daughter. You can read about our baby registering experience here.
6. Shea Moisture Eczema Therapy Shea Butter $9.90 – I know that the nurses will help us with Vivian’s first bath and will more than likely have lotion for us to use but this stuff is heaven in a tub! It smells like, well, clean baby! I’ll be using this more if her skin gets irritated and use the Shea Moisture Healing Lotion after bath time.
1. Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags $16.99 – I’m sure I’ll be exclusively breastfeeding in the hospital but I plan on bringing my breast pump with me so they can show me the proper way to use it. It might take a few days for these 36-D’s to fill up with milk but I want to be prepared just in case!
2. Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature 9 Ounce Deco Bottles $16.99 – I bought a few different types of bottles (Medela, Avent, Dr. Brown, and Joovy) but thought I’d try these first to see if Vivian likes them. Again, I doubt I’ll need them but who cares! Are you noticing a pattern here?!
3. Hamco 10-Pack Bibs $12.99 – I received these as a present at my baby shower and thought these will be perfect for when it’s time to burp the little lady. =) I only packed two.
5. Lansinoh HPA Lanolin $9.99 – I started using Mama Mio Nipple Balm back in my first trimester because my nipples were already super sensitive from growing. I can only imagine right now what they’ll be going through when I have my daughter latched on many times a day. Lanolin is a MUST!!!
6. Ju-Ju-Be Paci Pod $9.99 – This hooks on perfectly to the inside zipper of my diaper bag. And it can hold 3-4 soothie pacifiers!
1. Unfortunately you can’t purchase this gorgeous, soft blanket. It was made by a dear family friend of ours that actually used to babysit my brother and I when we were younger. It’s the perfect amount of warmth!! Vivian will be using this for a long time to come!
2. Carters 2-Pack Swaddle Blankets $14.00 – I sound like a broken record but, I’d rather be safe than sorry! I know the hospital has swaddling blankets but I wanted to bring my own just in case. I plan on swaddling Vivian from hour one! I have a Woombie here at home but won’t be bringing it because I want the nurses to teach Matt and I how to properly use a swaddle blanket!
3. Nunu Gray Bear Microfleece Blanket $12.99 – I saw these cuties when we were completing our registry and couldn’t resist! They’re so soft and something she can snuggle with when she gets a little older. It also has a loop to hold her pacifiers!
Take Home Outfit
Vivian has a FULL closet of gorgeous clothes but I decided on this precious Little Me Cabbage Rose Outfit ($16.00) to bring her home in. We’ll be in Charlotte’s coldest month so I wanted her to be warm and snuggly but also cute!
1. This is another precious gift that can’t be bought. My mom’s sweet cousin made this for Vivian and I absolutely ADORE it! It will go perfectly with so many of her clothes and especially the 2 footies I also packed.
2. Spasilk Burp Cloths $8.99 – These are so soft and very durable. I’m sure these will get used at the hospital!
3. Miss Giggle Buns Coral Knotted Headwrap $7.99 – I’m OBSESSED with these type of headbands for baby girls! They’re soft and can be used for many months since you tie them yourself. They can make any outfit look cute and trendy! I love Miss Giggle Buns headbands because they’re great quality and reasonably priced! You’ll be seeing Vivian in many of these!!
4. Old Navy Newborn Socks $7.94 – I love these because they’re soft, warm, and have the rubber grip on the bottom. Not that she’s going to be walking anytime soon but they’re nice to have!
And last but not least….
While I was in the middle of taking pictures for this post, Dave crawled on top of the rug and thought he was going to take a little nap. Unfortunately he had to be woken up!
I hope this post has helped some new mama’s like myself. Let me know if I missed anything and what you packed in your diaper bag!
I love the start of the New Year because of all of the fun new makeup and skincare products that come out for the spring! But lets be honest, with most of us the holidays killed our bank accounts! So today I’m sharing with you what I’m currently lusting from afar!
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick– These lipsticks are similar to Cover Girl lipsticks I reviewed here. But these colors are more vibrant and rich. The lipstick comes in a gloss-like tube and claim to be all-day wear and smudge proof. Another great thing is all of the colors are a matte finish. I personally like matte finish lipsticks because they really do last a lot longer and look more natural on the lips. Not to mention it won’t come off when you kiss someone! I will definitely be slowly adding these to my kit for my brides this year!
2. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadows– Urban Decay has had these shadows for years now. But as of middle January they will be coming out with 4 new shades. These shadows are great to wear on the lid. I wouldn’t recommend wearing them in your crease or brow bone because of the glitter. That would be a little overboard! These are great for even that gal that doesn’t take the time to apply much makeup because they’re meant to be applied with your finger!
3. Morphe Brushes Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette – I wish I had a link for you to click to go buy this amazing palette but unfortunately it sold out in 2 days! If you don’t know, Jaclyn Hill is an amazing makeup artist featured on YouTube. She teamed up with Morphe Brushes and made a shadow palette of 25 of her favorite shades. And get this….. The palette is only $25!!! Now, the good thing is Morphe will be restocking these palettes in February. Yes, I already have it written down on my calendar! I’ll also be sure to keep you posted when it’s released again.
4. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon– I’m still in search for the perfect liner for my waterline. From reviews, I feel like these might be my saving grace. These waterproof gel liners give a smooth and precise application and a color payoff like an actual gel liner. If these are as amazing as everyone says, I can definitely justify spending $25 for them!
5. MAC Cosmetics Prep & Prime 24 Hour Eye Base– I’ve noticed since I’ve been pregnant my eyelids have become more oily. I have always used MAC Painterly Paint Pot as my primer for years and loved it. But with my new oily lids, it has lost it’s magic a bit. MAC just came out with this new primer and it has received GREAT reviews so I’m so anxious to use it to see if it helps hold my eye makeup in place! Per MAC; “M·A·C Prep + Prime 24-Hour Eye Base is an innovative new primer that keeps your eye makeup looking fresh and vibrant all day long. The humidity- and sweat-resistant formula prevents shadows from creasing and fading while allowing the hues to stay color true for up to a full day. Comfortable and lightweight, the primer is infused with the rich antioxidants of vitamin E and is ideal for all skin tones and types.” Here’s to hoping!!!!
If you decide to purchase any of these products, let me know what you think!! I’d love some extra feedback!
Let’s face it, there’s always going to be at least one gift you forgot to get that special someone each year. Heck, you might even be like me and have a few last minute gifts to give! My mom and I braved Southpark Mall yesterday collecting a few items. I will say, the good part about waiting until the last minute to finish off your Christmas list are the sales! We scored yesterday!!
So here is my last top 5 gifts list before Christmas. I’ve decided to make this list unisex. Also all of these can be found at your local stores. These gifts will be perfect for everyone!
1. Starbucks Dot Collection Mugs (on sale in stores for 40% off!) – You’re either a coffee drinker, a tea drinker, or hot chocolate drinker. Or all three! These mugs are so sleek and fun. They already come in a red gift box so all you have to do is wrap them!
2. Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speaker ($129) – Everyone needs something to listen to when they’re getting ready, working out in the garage, or cleaning the house. Bose is by far the best as far as sound goes. That’s why they’re the official headphone brand of the NFL! Anyone will love this speaker. And it comes in 5 different colors so pick that special persons favorite and you’ll be their best friend for a long time!
3. Pier 1 Peppermint Fun Goblet Set (on sale for $19.96) – These cute glasses come in a set of four. When you’re hosting holiday parties, you’ll want these to show off to your guests. And at the price, get a few sets and everyone will have a festive glass to drink their wine!
4. Chunky Ribbed Hat ($36.50 with 30% off!) – This hat is technically meant for the gals but a dude could totally pull it off! It’s warm, cozy, and great for winter!
5. Keurig 2.0 K550 Coffee Brewing System ($199.00) – I know this is a pricey gift but Bed, Bath, and Beyond always has 20% off coupons. The newest model of the Keurig is great because it includes a 4 cup carafe for when you have guests and want to make more than one single cup. It has plenty of bells and whistles to impress that picky person in your life!
I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun-filled holiday! Merry Christmas!!!!
Whether these are for your dear ol’ dad or for your significant other, these “manly” gift ideas are SURE to keep you on the man in your life’s good side for a long time! Here are my top 5 gift ideas for HIM!
1. GoPro Hero4 Silver ($399) – Ok, I even want one of these! These cameras are quickly taking the world by storm. They’re excellent for the man in your life that loves the outdoors and loves to get his adrenaline pumping. This particular GoPro comes with all of the bells and whistles such as bluetooth, multiple shutter speeds, multiple lens views, and waterproof! You can snap these cameras onto anything to make you feel like you’re right there joining the fun! My favorite videos made with these cameras are the ones that are hooked up to little babies or dogs! Dogs eye view!! Get it?!
2. Express Marled Waffle Knit Toggle Cardigan (currently on sale for $74.00!) – Every man needs a good cardigan. Period! I love this particular one because it’s great for any style your man likes to rock. He can pair it with just a t-shirt, or a plaid button-down, or even a solid button-down and tie!
3. Carnegie Hill Mens Watch & Jewelry Box ($39.99) – It’s funny because my super organized husband told me about a month ago how he’d love a small jewelry box for his growing collection of watches, cuff links, and championship NASCAR rings. He doesn’t wear his jewelry on a daily basis but this makes a great gift so he’s able to store everything in one place.
4. Beats by Dre Wireless Powerbeats 2 (currently on sale for $179.95!) – If your hubby or boyfriend is an athletic dude, he’ll love these earphones! They’re especially great for runners. They’re bluetooth capable, sweat and water resistant, and able to take hands-free calls with remote talk controls.
5. UGG Alder Slippers ($79.95) – Not only are these slippers soft and incredibly warm for these cold months but they are also super stylish! They could easily be confused for regular shoes. Your dad or significant other can wear these cozy shoes on a coffee run or take the pups out for their morning and evening walks. Score!!
Every girl loves a great eyeshadow palette. What’s not to love about something that you can take anywhere with you, has all of the colors you need to get you from day to night, and will last you forever?! Here are my top 5 eyeshadow palettes that will make the perfect gift for anyone!
1. Urban Decay Naked 3 ($54) – Most women are hesitant to purchase this palette out of the 3 Naked palettes because of it’s rosy colors. But this one, is by far my favorite. The neutral, pink tones look great on every skin tone, hair color, and eye color! It has the perfect selection of matte and shimmer shades as well as light and darker shades. Trust me when I say, it’s the best!
2. Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar ($49) – An eyeshadow palette that smells like chocolate?! Yes please!! This follow-up palette to the Chocolate Bar has more warmer, deeper tones than the original. This 16 shadow palette is super pigmented and has shades of bronze, mocha, caramels, and even a gorgeous shimmery blueberry shade. It even comes with a how-to guide to help with new looks!
3. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – Matte shadows can be tricky. It’s hard to find quality matte shades that aren’t chalky and blend well. But look no further! The Amazonian Clay palette will be your new best friend! This palette features 12 shadows ranging from light highlighting colors to darker shades for contouring and smokey looks. Matte shadows are perfect for more mature women as shimmery shadows tend to settle into fine lines.
4. Lorac Pro Palette 2 ($42) – I have been using this palette pretty much everyday since I bought it. It’s simply gorgeous. You can read my full review on this palette here.
5. Kat Von D Innerstellar Eyeshadow Palette ($46) – I saved the most fun for last! This limited edition palette is split up into three quads that features a larger highlighting shade with three coordinating shades. This palette has gorgeous “space-themed” shades from shimmery silvers and plums to dark matte browns and blacks. My favorite part about this palette is that the colors aren’t your typical neutrals but aren’t so vibrant that one would be scared to wear them. Does that make sense?!
Gift giving can be so daunting at times if you don’t have a wish list from your loved ones. But yet it’s still so fun to give them a gift they weren’t expecting. Like I said in thispost from last week, I’ll be giving my top 5 gift ideas for anyone and everyone in your life. Today I’m sharing my top 5 gifts for your very best friend! That chick who is your partner in crime, there for you at the drop of the hat, and the one that knows you inside and out. =)
1. Limited Edition Blanc de Noirs, Chandon ($24) – How gorgeous is this bottle?! I would totally keep it as decor once I drank every last gulp of fruity, sparkling wine goodness! This makes a great gift all on it’s own or one that can be added to other small items for your best girlfriend.
2. Plum Paper Designs 2015 Planner ($31) – I am OBSESSED with these planners! I even put it on my Christmas wish list! Not only are they pretty and durable but they’re customizable. You have four options of how you’d like to break down your weekly spreads. With a lot of other bells and whistles, your BFF will absolutely die over this, I promise!
3. Bauble Bar Initial Bar Pendant Necklace ($36) – I love these necklaces because they’re personable. They will have “meaning”. And it’s a great universal gift for all tastes. You could even go so far as to give your BFF a necklace with your initial and you keep one of her initial for yourself!
4. Club Monaco Safiya Hat ($79.50) – How stinking cute is this hate?! It’s gorgeous winter white color will look great on everyone and keep your bestie warm and snuggly this crazy, cold winter!
5. J. Crew Glacier Necklace ($125) – Every girl needs a statement necklace. And boy is this a gorgeous one! Your bestie will get compliments from everyone every time she wears this necklace. The versatile colors will allow her to wear it with many different outfits. Not to mention it also comes in clear crystals.