I don’t normally get to spend actual Valentine’s Day with my husband because he’s already down in Daytona getting ready for the Daytona 500. But this year is different because we’re impatiently waiting for our daughter to arrive! The only thing I can do for myself these days is wash and style my hair and put my makeup on to make myself feel halfway decent. And even that’s a bit of a chore! But this Valentine’s Day, I plan to get the top half of my body ready for a low key date with the hubs!
Today I’m sharing with you my favorite Valentine’s Day beauty products that will work for everyone!! Even if you’re single and having a fun night out with your girlfriends, you’ll love these products to make you feel super girly!
1. Eyes: Always start with the eyes! This way, you can easily wipe away any shadow fall out with a makeup remover or you could even use your favorite face primer (This one is my favorite) to remove the fallout. That way you’re killing two birds with one stone!
* Prime – My all time favorite is MAC Painterly Paint Pot. Your eye makeup will stay in place all day/night.
* Shadows – I’m obsessed with this Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette. I love all of the cool shades! The pinks and plums will make a great smokey Valentine’s Day look!
* Liner – You can’t go wrong with an ink liner. And this Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is by far my favorite because of it’s pigment and ease of getting that winged look.
* Mascara – Right now I’m loving Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. It adds a ton of length and volume!
2. Complexion: After finishing my eyes and cleaning up the shadow fallout and setting my skin with my face primer I start on my foundation.
* Foundation – I’m a sucker for a medium to full coverage foundation. And during the colder months I love Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It’s so creamy and moisturizing. Not to mention it stays put all day long!
* Concealer – My go-to concealer is MAC Prolong Wear Concealer in NW15 but I for an extra, subtle highlight I will mix in Bare Minerals Stroke Of Light Eye Brightener and apply it with my beauty blender. If ya’ll don’t have one, get a beauty blender!! It blends concealer so nicely!!
* Setting Powder – Since it’s winter and I’m using a little heavier foundation I like to set my powder with a translucent powder. My all-time favorite is Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. It settles into the skin as opposed to sitting on top of it like most loose powders.
3. Cheeks: Next step is cheeks!
* Contouring – I just bought this Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit and am loving it so far! The two contouring colors are perfect for every skin color. I use Medium Cocoa to contour my cheeks and nose and use Dark Cocoa to bronze the top of my forehead and under my chin and neck. The Pop of Light highlighting powder is amazing because it’s so subtle but when the light hits it, it brings out your cheekbones like none other!
* Contouring Brush – If you want the best contour, INVEST in the Nars Ita Brush! Trust me, you won’t regret it!!
* Blush – My go-to pink blush has always been Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface. It’s predominantly matte but has a bit of a satin finish to it once applied. This blush will last you forever because a little bit goes a long way.
4. Lips: Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a gorgeous bright pink lipstick!!
* Lip Liner – I’ll fill in my entire upper and bottom lips with MAC Lipliner in Candy Yum Yum. Filling them in completely will help keep your lipstick looking fresh for a hours!
* Lipstick – My BFF Lauren turned me onto this lipstick! And I LOVE using it on brides! It’s what matches the liner, MAC Candy Yum Yum. I love wearing it when I use more pinks and plums on my eyes. It ties it all together!
5. Set: After spending so much time getting ready, it’s so important to set your makeup. The absolute best product to use is Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Trust me, your makeup will NOT MOVE!!!
I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day! And I hope I’ve helped give you so ideas of changing up your go-to beauty look!